Sign in to follow this  
kokorini

Bug - Status of shipping not updated

Question

Hello. This is the case:

When the custumer pay with mercadopago the product and the shipping in the collection of mercado pago the shipping remains as "pending" whitch is described in the api as "not yet paid".

here is an example:

error_ml_shipping.jpg

this is not an isolated case, it happens allways that the custumer pay like in the example.

thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi kokori, payment status and shipping status are two different things. The payment it's updated automatically when the buyer pays the order, as you can see inside the order> payment> status: "approved" and status_detail:"accredited". You can also see the details of this payment in the 'transaction_amount', "shipping_cost" and 'total_paid_amount'.

Shipment status reflects whether the product was 'shipped', 'delivered', 'pending' or 'not delivered' and for custom shipping option, as I told you before, the seller is responsible for updating this information.

Hi kokorini, I'm seeing this order has custom shipping, so it's not a bug. With the custom shipping option the seller is responsible for updating the status of the shipping.

Please, check this documentation to see what can you do with each shipping mode.

I understand. But, as I see it, if the system makes the costumer to pay the shipping, then is the system who should say "the shipping was paid". Otherwise I could be changing the status to something incorrect.