Sign in to follow this  
jfeuchter

Where can I get my Seller Id and how do I list my prodcuts only?

Question

Hello People,

Im new here and Im reading the documentation and have a few ideas on how to get the list of products from my store only, but I need my seller_id to test this theories and I cant find it hehe. This might be a dumb question, but where could I find the seller_id? Im searching around the web, but Ive yet to find a clear answer. Also Ive find a few ways to get a json of the products of my store only, but a few more suggestions cant hurt :D How would you get the list of products from your store?

Thanks in advance for the help guys :D If I didnt explain something clearly or missed saying some other information needed, please do ask :D 

6 answers to this question

Ive kind of seen that people use MLA as the site_id, and other use a number. Im not sure which of the two to use. 

Im using the PHP SDK to connect to my store. Can I make calls to the class $meli without the auth of the user? what would I have to do to make it so the api will be the one signing in? Do I only need the secret key and the app ID. Is that enough to start making get calls to my store?

Hey awesome thanks :D hehehe Right now Im trying to use the PHP SDK, But I cant seem to get an answer out of it. Ive already made a Application on My Aplications in MercadoLibre. But when I try to use a get, There is no response from the body nor an error on the call im making. Im using my secret key and api id and the MELI.php file to make a simple items search call but it does not return anything. I was wondering if maybe a user must be logged in to use these calls. If so is there anyway to make the calls as an application and not as a user? Here is the code I used.

$meli = new Meli(
	"api_id", 
	"api_secret"
	);

$user_id = "200347072";

$params = array('status'=>'active', 'seller' => $user_id);

$result = $meli->get('/sites/MLB', $params);
echo '<pre>';
print_r($result);
echo '</pre>';

but all I get back is 

Array
(
    [body] => 
    [httpCode] => 0
)

I want to authenticate an app for it to be able to make all the calls necessary to search, add, modify and delete products from our store. How could I make this happen? Could I maybe authenticated admin user via the server to allow the app to make calls in name of the admin user? 

Do you don't understood the API usage.

In moment of creation of application you was informed two values: client_id, and secret. This values you use in 

$meli = new Meli(
    "api_id",
    "api_secret"
    );

api_id = client_id

I believe that is a error of Meli Developers, the terms are differents :(